‘Political Engagement Programme – Labour Sikh Pathway’
The Political Engagement Programme aims to develop future British Sikh politicians and political activists through collaboration with the major political parties. The Sikh Council UK have planned events hosted by the Conservative Party on 6th June 2013 and the Labour Party on 4th July 2013 with a further event is planned with the Liberal Democrats (TBC)
Labour Sikh Pathway – 4th July 2013 (2pm to 6pm)
The Labour Sikh Pathway event will be hosted by the Labour Party at their Head Office in Westminster. This will be an opportunity for you to:
- Meet and hear from senior Labour Party figures and officials.
- Learn about the Labour Party, what they are doing to attract Sikh candidates and how you can get involved.
- Find out more about how to stand as an elected representative for Labour – either as a Councillor, Member of Parliament, European and Scottish Parliament or the Welsh Assembly.
- Find out how you can get involved in the Labour Party Future Candidates Programme.
- Learn about Labour politics and share your ideas and policy priorities.
- Meet other Labour supporting Sikhs and to build networks.
We are looking for future British Sikh politicians and political activists. We expect all participants to be highly capable, interested in politics with a desire to get involved in their local community. We are particularly keen to receive applications from women and young people. We expect all candidates to have an understanding of Sikhism, its principles and history. Your personal conduct should be in-line with Sikh teachings.
Applicants are invited from across the community; there are no requirements such as being Amritdhari / baptised or being a member of a political party etc.
If you fit our criteria and would like to apply for the Labour Sikh Pathway event on 4th July 2013, please complete an application form and submit it by 28 June 2013.